GastroAID Recovery 5.25kg
GastroAID Recovery targets both foregut and hindgut health, aiding recovery from gastric ulcers and other common digestive conditions. It provides therapeutic levels of the “coating agents” pectin and lecithin, which form a barrier over the stomach wall to protect it from acid burn and strengthen the mucosal lining.
GastroAID Recovery is designed for horses with equine gastric ulcer syndrome (EGUS), horses recovering from EGUS, or those under a significant amount of stress.
How does GastroAID Recovery work?
- Moderates Gut Transit Time: Wholegrain oat flour delays stomach emptying to maintain a healthy rate of food passage through the digestive system, allowing for optimal digestion and absorption of nutrients.
- Neutralises Gastric Acid: Antacids stabilise (buffer) stomach pH to reduce irritation to the stomach lining.
- Coats Stomach Lining: Pectin forms a gel-like layer over the stomach to protect the lining from the corrosive effects of gastric acid.
- Strengthens Stomach Lining: Lecithin is a phospholipid that improves the integrity of the epithelial cells to help maintain a healthy stomach lining.
- Blocks Harmful Bacteria: Agrimos prebiotic blocks the colonisation of bad bacteria in the gut, reducing the risk of diarrhoea and disease. It also enhances the body’s immune response to infection.
Directions for use:
Feed 50g per 100kg of bodyweight, split over 2 feeds. See attached table can help you quickly identify the required dose.
GastroAID Recovery is safe to feed long-term. GastroAID Recovery is also safe to feed to foals and youngstock at a rate of 50g per 100kg bodyweight (divided over two feeds).
*NB – GastroAID Recovery is not permitted within one clear day of racing.